Critical Construction Worker Pilot: Nova Scotia has launched a new PR pathway for those with expertise in one of the 21 construction occupations with worker shortages.
The Critical Construction Worker Pilot is a new PR pathway that is a suitable choice for Canadian immigration hopefuls looking for permanent residency opportunities in Atlantic Canada.
Table of Contents
Critical Construction Workers Pilot Eligibility
Nova Scotia continues to provide PR paths with less stringent standards than other Canadian jurisdictions.
Individuals who have a permanent and full-time work offer from a Nova Scotian company in one of the 21 construction jobs listed above are eligible for the new Critical Construction Worker Pilot.
To extend the employment offer, an employer must fill out and sign the NS200 form, as is common for Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Programs.
Aside from the employment offer, an applicant must meet the following qualifications to be eligible for the Critical Construction Worker Pilot:
- You must be between the ages of 21 and 55 to apply.
- 1-year related work experience with a high school diploma (or equivalent) OR proof of completion of a construction-specific industry training program.
- meeting the financial requirements for relocating to Nova Scotia
- Language skills (English or French) of:
- Level 5 of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) for TEER 0, 1, 2, 3 occupations
- CLB Level 4 is required for TEER 4 and 5 occupations.
How to Apply for the Critical Construction Worker Pilot in Nova Scotia
We strongly advise you to read the whole Application Guide before applying for the Nova Scotia Critical Construction Worker Pilot.
If you are eligible, you can apply online by creating a profile with the Nova Scotia online service, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
List of occupations eligible for Nova Scotia Critical Worker
- 70010 – Construction managers
- 70011 – Home building and renovation managers
- 72011 – Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- 72014 – Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- 72020 – Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- 72106 – Welders and related machine operators
- 72200 – Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- 72201 – Industrial electricians
- 72310 – Carpenters
- 72320 – Bricklayers
- 72401 – Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- 72402 – Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- 72500 – Crane operators
- 73100 – Concrete finishers
- 73102 – Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers
- 73110 – Roofers and shinglers
- 73200 – Residential and commercial installers and servicers
- 73400 – Heavy equipment operators
- 75101 – Material handlers
- 75110 – Construction trades helpers and labourers
- 75119 – Other trades helpers and labourers